Adaptil is a synthetic pheromone that mimics the pheromone mother dogs emit after giving birth to help their puppies feel calm and secure.
Dogs of all ages recognize this pheromone throughout life.
The Adaptil range of products offer help in many situations, both indoors and outdoors, and for short-term and long-term use.
Many situations can be perceived as stressful by dogs, such as loud noises (fireworks, thunderstorms, household appliances), going to the vet, traveling by car, home alone, kenneling/boarding, and changes in the home environment or the composition of the family. The comforting pheromone in Adaptil has been clinically proven to help increase focus during training in puppies and adult dogs. Additionally for dogs in stressful situations, Adaptil helps reduce the signs of stress which are usually inappropriate behaviors. Even small changes in your home and your daily routine can upset your dog and increase stress.
Stress can lead to unhappy behaviors such as hiding, excessive barking and whimpering, soiling in the home, and destroying household items.
Using Adaptil will help give your dog or puppy a feeling of security and will help reduce the signs of stress that they experience.
When Adaptil may not work:
There are some situations where Adaptil won't work, or at least won't work without additional concurrent therapy such as behavior modification or even medications.
• When the behavior is not stress-related
• When the behavior has been present for a very long time or the problems are severe. Seek advice from a veterinary behaviorist.
• Overexcited dogs - an overexcited puppy is not going to be calmed down by Adaptil alone. In this case, additional training is needed along with the use of Adaptil.
• Urination in the home due to a medical condition or lack of toilet access. Always get a clean bill of health from your veterinarian if your dog is house-soiling.
• Aggression towards other dogs or humans is a very serious problem. Seek advice from a veterinary behaviorist.
Scientific studies* have shown that using Adaptil helps to reduce the signs of stress in dogs and puppies exposed to challenging situations.
• Screw the vial into the diffuser unit and plug it into an electric socket.
• The diffuser should be plugged in continuously in the room where the dog spends most of its time.
• Each diffuser covers an area of up to 65m², and refill vials last 30 days. Diffuser heads should be replaced every six months.
• Do not plug-in the diffusers under shelves or behind doors, curtains or furniture. To function properly, the diffuser must not be obstructed in any way.
Available in two options:• Diffuser Plug & Refill (48ml)
• Refill (48ml)
Should you be unsure of your pet's condition, please contact your veterinarian first.