FRESHER than before!
Maintains healthy, fresh breath and supports healthy teeth and gums. Vet Aquadent Fresh water additive is a convenient solution to help fight bad breath.
• Pomegranate - cleanses and helps prevent dental plaque formation with an antioxidant, anti-aggregative effect.
• Inulin - balances the intestinal microflora and reduces foul-smelling intestinal gas emmission.
• Erythritol - Freshens breath with a cooling effect and provides an anti-plaque effect.
Vet Aquadent Fresh targets the causes of bad breath in 3 ways;
• Cleanse - Pomegranate has been added to addresses oral causes of bad breath. Pomegranate decreases the number of microorganisms/bacteria found in dental plaque. It decreases free-radicals and oxidative stress, causative inflammatory factors in the progression of gingivitis. It also disturbs polyglycan synthesis, which affects the adherence mechanisms of these bacterium onto the dental surface.
• Cool - Added Erythritol (a naturally occurring polyol) freshens the breath with a cooling action. This polyol is GRAS* - approved for use as a sweetener in reduced calorie foods. It has been proven to have a high tolerability as reported in an acute oral and 13-week oral toxicity study.
• Digestive - Inulin, a prebiotic, supports healthy digestion. Bad breath can stem from gastrointestinal problems caused by unbalanced intestinal microflora. Inulin is a fructan, derived from chicory roots and other natural sources. Fructants, a type of carbohydrate, can improve microbial gut ecology and limit production of foul-smelling gases.
* Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) is a US Food and Drug Administration designation.