Protexin Soluble is a multiple-strain Probiotic backed by over 20 years expertise and research
It's a multi-strain probiotic designed to be fed to an animal on a continuous basis to promote overall health. Probiotics are very sensitive and can be destroyed by heat and stomach acids. But Protexin Soluble is made by a special process to ensure full potency at time of use - the organisms are first freeze-dried and then enclosed in a protective coating.
At birth, the digestive systems of young animals are normally sterile. It is important for the animal to quickly establish a normal stomach flora to prevent pathogenic organisms getting a foothold, because within hours of birth bacteria will start to colonise the gut. Protexin Soluble with its beneficial bacteria should be given before these other, possibly harmful, bacteria establish themselves in the gut of the young animal. The beneficial bacteria will multiply, exclude the harmful bacteria, and establish themselves in the digestive system, thus giving the animal a head-start in life. This good start will help to maintain healthy growth and keep the animal in healthy condition throughout its life.
Reg No. G1265 Act 36 of 1947
Protexin Soluble contains live heat- and acid-resistant natural organisms found in the intestines of healthy animals.
Bacteria: Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Streptococcus salvarius subsp. thermophilus, Enterococcus faecium.
Mould: Aspergillus oryzae
Yeast: Candida pintolopesii
Total Viable Count not less than 2 x 10 cfu (colony forming units) / gram. These organisms repair and re-establish the natural protective flora of the body which may be damaged or destroyed by specific disease agents, stress conditions (dietary disturbances, transport, antibiotic treatment, etc), or by chemical or plant poisonings.
Note for diabetic patients: Protexin Soluble contains dextrose (glucose).
Protexin Soluble is a palatable powder which can be added to milk, milk replacer or water, or simply added to the animal's food. One heaped medicine measure = 5g.• Dogs and cats - 2g (½ a medicine measure) daily
• Hamsters/Rodents - ½ to 1g (¼ medicine measure) daily
• Birds - 5 to 10g per litre drinking water per day
• Horses, Foals/ponies - 5g per day
• Adult horses - 10g per day
• Cattle: Calves - 2g per day for 3 days and 1g per day thereafter
• Weaned calves and adult cattle - 4g per day
• Lambs - 1g per day
• Piglets/Weaners - 2g per day for 5 days
Protexin Soluble may be used for all animals including pregnant and lactating animals. It is completely harmless and there are no withdrawal periods or any other restrictions on its use
• Protexin Soluble has a broad-spectrum action because it contains nine different organisms
• It is a completely natural biological product which helps to boost immunity
• Enables an animal to resist the effects of stress and infections
• Protexin Soluble also aids in the control of scours (diarrhoea) of non-specific or dietary origin
• Protexin Soluble should always be used during and after antibiotic therapy to restore stomach microflora (which are destroyed by antibiotics).
Available in three sizes:• 60g
• 1kg tub