Veterinary Recommended - Clinically Proven
When cats feel comfortable in their environment, they rub their cheeks against the corner of furniture or your leg, leaving a message, undetectable to us, known as feline facial pheromone. This "happy marker" provides reassurance to cats.
Feliway is a synthetic copy of this pheromone and is released through warmth, a wipe or spray, depending on the releasing device. Feliway is species specific. It can only be detected by cats and has the same meaning to all cats. It has no sedative effect on humans or any other animal in the home.
• During car journeys or when going to the vet, spray directly in your cat’s carrier or basket 15 minutes before use
• At home - Re-spray daily to reduce the likelihood of re-marking
• During car journeys: re-spray every 4-5 hours (ensure your cat is away from the area while reapplying)
• Always wait about 15 minutes before letting your cat near any sprayed areas
Feliway is a product range for comforting cats when they are exposed to changes in their environment and stressful situations, which often results in our feline companions displaying inappropriate behaviours, such as urine marking and vertical scratching in the home. Feliway provides comfort and helps to prevent and stop cats from leaving negative marks in the home.
The Feliway pheromone products are clinically proven to provide reassurance to kittens and cats of all ages, helping them feel safe and secure when they have to adapt to new surroundings and changes in their environment (adoption, moving home, boarding at cattery, new family member or pet, amongst others), multi-cat households, car travel or visits to the vet. Feliway helps curb stress-related inappropriate behaviours.
Feliway is the first non-drug solution for stress related behaviours. It has been proven to help control moderate to severe stress in cats. In some cases, additional behavioural treatment and environmental modifications may be required and advice should be sought from your veterinarian.
Feliway can be used in addition to other behavior modification treatments you veterinarian or qualified behaviorist may recommend. Feliway has no contraindications with any other treatment.
• The spray helps prevent issues like scratching and spraying, and makes travel and visiting the vet less stressful
• Simply shake the bottle and spray Feliway once a day on doorways, cat-flaps, window sills and prominent objects around the house
• To prevent marking if it already occurred, spray Feliway on marked areas after a thorough cleaning of the zone for more details see scratching or spraying
• Use Feliway Spray in the cat carrier to help comfort your cat on stressful car journeys or going to the vet
Available as a 60ml spray bottle