Around 50% of the cat population shows some signs of obesity. To help fight obesity, it is advisable to ration your cat’s food portions and provide some form of physical activity. SlimCat will do just that. SlimCat is an interactive feeding ball that increases feline activity, decreases excessive eating and improves behavioral problems such as excessive meowing, scratching or aggression.
SlimCat distributes an adjustable amount of dry food as the cat plays with it. By providing smaller portions of food throughout the day, it helps to maintain optimum weight as well as improve your cat’s digestion. SlimCat can be used by all cats and particulary overweight cats can benefit from the interaction. Fill with a healthy portion of dry food and watch your cat shape up!
How do I know if my cat is obese?
Talk to your veterinarian if you think your cat has a weight problem. The general signs of obesity include:• Ribs and backbone are not easy to feel
• Pet has no waist
• Significant fat has accumulated around all parts of the body
• When looking at pet from above, pet is very round
How do I use the SlimCat?• Open the SlimCat by turning and releasing the compartment lid.
• Fill the unit with 2/3 of a cup (150 ml) of fresh dry cat food of your choice. Keep one piece of dry food to help you adjust the quantity of food released from the outside.
• Adjust the hole size to allow one piece of food to pass through easily. To adjust the hole size, slide open the small lock mechanism conveniently located on the side of the SlimCat, and rotate the top of the SlimCat to the desired hole size. Then slide back the lock mechanism.
To help your cat understand the SlimCat, it is better to allow for more food to be released initially. When your cat is playing with the SlimCat, observe the amount of food released and reduce the hole size if necessary.
If your cat is obese, we highly recommend that food only be made available to your cat through the SlimCat, as he will always choose the easiest way to obtain food.
Why would my cat need a food-dispensing toy?
Our modern lifestyles have impacted our cats. Around 50% of our cat population shows some signs of obesity. In order to prevent and control obesity, it is advisable to ration your cat’s portions and provide him with some form of physical activity. Interactive feeding toys including SlimCat and our FunKitty toys will do just that. They help your cat fight obesity and maintain a healthy weight by encouraging your cat to work for his food and by rationing his food.
Features:• Distributes an adjustable amount of food as your cat plays
• Helps your cat fight obesity and maintain optimum weight
• Can be filled with treats or meals
• Improves cat's digestion by feeding several small portions
• Fun source of play and exercise
• BPA-free plastic
• Holds 2/3 cup of dry food or treats
• Dishwasher safe
• Made of BPA-free plastic
Available in four colours:• Blue