How do I buy?
- Browse our range of pet products here.
- Select the quantity/size/design of the product that you would like to buy and click the ‘Add to cart’ button.
- Choose ‘Continue shopping’ or ‘Checkout’.
- When you are ready to check out, check ‘My Cart’ (top right) and click 'Checkout' or 'Review Cart'.
- Sign in or Register.
- Complete the contact, billing and delivery details.
- Tick to accept our Terms & Conditions.
- Select your payment option (Credit Card or EFT)
- Click "Submit my Order” and follow the appropriate payment prompts.
- Your order will be hand delivered via our courier company to your door. Delivery in South Africa is free*! Deliveries to very remote areas, which are not serviced by our usual courier, will be delivered via 3rd Party Couriers and may take a little longer. *Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for free delivery criteria
Do I need to create an account to order?
You can check out as a guest, but we still require your billing and shipping details in order to deliver your package.
However, if you register, we will store your delivery and billing details and enable you to track your orders and view your order history. Register to create an account here.
How do I register?
Look for the Log In / Register buttons in the top navigation bar
Complete the required profile details and press register at the bottom of the page. Welcome!
Can I collect my order?
Yes. During the checkout process, under the "Shipping Options" tab you will be able to select "Collection", and collect your parcel from our store in Waterfall, Midrand. Once the parcel is ready you will receive an email notification from us advising you that the parcel is ready for collection.
How long will my order take to arrive?
Once your order is placed and paid in full, it will be processed within two (2) working days and handed over to our courier for delivery. We will confirm delivery details by supplying an order/tracking number.
Deliveries to major city centres will take 3 - 5 working days. Please allow additional time for deliveries to outlying areas.
Certain items may require additional delivery time, please see the product description for any delivery time notifications.
It also happens that certain products are not immediately available upon placing your order. Although we do our best to avoid such situations, these do occur from time to time. We will advise you of the delay and where possible of the expected date for the items to become available again.
How do I pay?
We accepted payment via Visa, MasterCard, or by bank transfer to the Shinga bank account, the details of which will be provided on request. We have partnered with Payfast to handle all our payment collections.
Are my credit card details safe?
Yes! Shinga will store your personal details separate from the credit card details which you will enter on PayFast’s secure site. For more detail on PayFast refer to www.payfast.co.za.
Shingavet makes use of PayFast to collect all our online payments.
• If you have not used PayFast before you'll need to register to the left of the page, but don't worry, it's a quick process. You only need to register once. Keep in mind that other online stores might also be using PayFast, so you might have registered before.
• If you have already registered with PayFast before, you can log into your PayFast account on the right-hand side of the page.
PayFast uses 3D Secure: Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure Code. If you cart total exceeds R 1000 you might be asked to enter a password/pin. This is a security feature on your credit card. If you fill in the incorrect information or choose not to activate/register 3D Secure (if you've not yet done this before) the transaction will be cancelled immediately.
You can activate/register 3D Secure with your bank. Alternatively you can register here.
Remember that this applies to all online purchases, not only purchases made from Shinga Pet.
If you complete your password/pin successfully, the payment will be made and you'll automatically be redirected back to the Shinga Pet site.
Keep in mind that not all banks participate in 3D Secure, so you might not be asked to complete anything.
For more information on 3D Secure or PayFast, click here.
Can I return a product?
Yes. If you’re not satisfied with the product and wish to return it, let us know why and we will honour your request and process your refund, subject to the conditions described in our Cancellation, return and refunds policy.
We will take every reasonable step to ensure we don’t send you damaged products. Should you wish to return an item that is damaged, and we are confident that the item was not damaged due to your error; we will gladly replace the product, subject to the conditions described in our Cancellation, return and refunds policy.
I have a voucher from Shinga, how do I claim it?
If you hold a voucher code, you qualify for a discount/freebie on your online purchase. Depending on the voucher, the codes can be used for;
- Product specific discounts,
- Product category discounts,
- Overall shopping cart discounts, or,
- Cart freebies
Make sure that your voucher code can be used for the product(s) you have in your cart.
During checkout, a summary of your cart can be seen on the right-hand side of the page.
Look for the "Order Summary" and locate the 'Gift Certificate or Promo Code' input box. Insert your voucher code and click on 'Apply' to validate your code. If the voucher is valid, it will be loaded and you can continue the checkout process with the terms of your voucher now applied.
Can I add a product to a wishlist so that it can be purchased later?
Yes of course. Once you’ve identified the product you can add it to your wishlist by clicking on the “Add to wish list” button.
When you’re ready to purchase the items in your wish list, you can access your wish list by logging in or registering if you're a new user and clicking on the 'Wish List' link at the top.
Please ensure that the sizing and colour of the products are correct before completing your order.
Refer A Friend
Shinga has added the ability for you to refer friends and get a nice discount if they buy. The steps below describe how to use the referral link.
- Log in to your Shinga Pet account
- Once logged in, go to My Profile or view your profile here: https://www.shingavet.co.za/profiles-update/
- At the bottom of your profile you will find your referral link. This link is unique to you. Copy and send it to everyone you want to refer.
- When they sign up, and place and order for R 450.00 or more and the order is successfully paid for, you will automatically receive a R 50.00 voucher via email to use on the Shinga Pet website. This voucher is only valid for 30 days.
Terms & Conditions:
- You can refer as many people as you like, the more you refer the more vouchers you get
- Referrals are only valid when a new user signs up, and places an order for R 450.00 or more and the order is successfully paid for
- Referral vouchers are valid for a period of 1 month and can't be re-issued once they have expired
Buy For Charity
You can judge the morality of a nation by the way the society treats its animals. -Mahatma Gandhi
Pets like dogs, cats, hamsters etc. enrich our lives and numerous studies have proven the positive effect they have on human lives. Yet despite the good that they do, these animals often suffer great neglect and abuse at the hands of the humans that are meant to love and protect them.
At Shinga, we support responsible pet ownership practices such as proactive spaying or neutering to control the population, vaccination and pet adoption. We also want to play a role to improve the lives of neglected, abandoned and abused animals by supporting organisations that care for these animals.
While there are many who do an outstanding job in protecting and caring for animals in distress, we selected three organisations to be beneficiaries of our ‘Buy for Charity’ programme:
• Barking Mad,
• Kitty & Puppy Haven, and
• SA Guide Dogs
Like any charity, these groups rely on funding, donations and sponsorships for their survival and to continue their good work. However, we know that many people are uncomfortable with cash donations and would prefer instead to donate practical supplies to such charities.
With this in mind, we developed the ‘Buy for Charity’ programme. All the charities we support desperately need toys and food for the animals under their care and by supporting this initiative, you are assured that your donation is not only appropriate, but also reaches the right destination without the risks associated with cash donations.
How does Buy for Charity work?
We promise that this idea will not let you break a sweat – it is super easy to participate.
Browse our site and find stimulating pet toys, games, puzzles, food or any other products you love and select them for a charity pet.
When you are finalising the purchase, select the box that reads: “Buy for Charity”.
Select the charity you want to support with your purchase - Barking Mad, Kitty & Puppy Haven or SA Guide Dogs.
Shinga will deliver the products you chose for the charity at our cost.
But that's not all, when you select to buy a product for one of the charities, Shinga will also discount the price of the product by 5%. This automated discount only applies to "Buy for Charity" selections. If you made a mistake and the product was meant for you, we will need to request that full payment of the product price be made before delivery.
So, this is your chance to show your love and appreciation for pets. Thank you for your donation!