How do I buy?
- Browse our range of pet products here.
- Select the quantity/size/design of the product that you would like to buy and click the ‘Add to cart’ button.
- Choose ‘Continue shopping’ or ‘Checkout’.
- When you are ready to check out, check ‘My Cart’ (top right) and click 'Checkout' or 'Review Cart'.
- Sign in or Register.
- Complete the contact, billing and delivery details.
- Tick to accept our Terms & Conditions.
- Select your payment option (Credit Card or EFT)
- Click "Submit my Order” and follow the appropriate payment prompts.
- Your order will be hand delivered via our courier company to your door. Delivery in South Africa is free*! Deliveries to very remote areas, which are not serviced by our usual courier, will be delivered via 3rd Party Couriers and may take a little longer. *Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for free delivery criteria
Do I need to create an account to order?
You can check out as a guest, but we still require your billing and shipping details in order to deliver your package.
However, if you register, we will store your delivery and billing details and enable you to track your orders and view your order history. Register to create an account here.
How do I register?
Look for the Log In / Register buttons in the top navigation bar
Complete the required profile details and press register at the bottom of the page. Welcome!
Can I collect my order?
Yes. During the checkout process, under the "Shipping Options" tab you will be able to select "Collection", and collect your parcel from our store in Waterfall, Midrand. Once the parcel is ready you will receive an email notification from us advising you that the parcel is ready for collection.
How long will my order take to arrive?
Once your order is placed and paid in full, it will be processed within two (2) working days and handed over to our courier for delivery. We will confirm delivery details by supplying an order/tracking number.
Deliveries to major city centres will take 3 - 5 working days. Please allow additional time for deliveries to outlying areas.
Certain items may require additional delivery time, please see the product description for any delivery time notifications.
It also happens that certain products are not immediately available upon placing your order. Although we do our best to avoid such situations, these do occur from time to time. We will advise you of the delay and where possible of the expected date for the items to become available again.
How do I pay?
We accepted payment via Visa, MasterCard, or by bank transfer to the Shinga bank account, the details of which will be provided on request. We have partnered with Payfast to handle all our payment collections.
Are my credit card details safe?
Yes! Shinga will store your personal details separate from the credit card details which you will enter on PayFast’s secure site. For more detail on PayFast refer to www.payfast.co.za.
Shingavet makes use of PayFast to collect all our online payments.
• If you have not used PayFast before you'll need to register to the left of the page, but don't worry, it's a quick process. You only need to register once. Keep in mind that other online stores might also be using PayFast, so you might have registered before.
• If you have already registered with PayFast before, you can log into your PayFast account on the right-hand side of the page.
PayFast uses 3D Secure: Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure Code. If you cart total exceeds R 1000 you might be asked to enter a password/pin. This is a security feature on your credit card. If you fill in the incorrect information or choose not to activate/register 3D Secure (if you've not yet done this before) the transaction will be cancelled immediately.
You can activate/register 3D Secure with your bank. Alternatively you can register here.
Remember that this applies to all online purchases, not only purchases made from Shinga Pet.
If you complete your password/pin successfully, the payment will be made and you'll automatically be redirected back to the Shinga Pet site.
Keep in mind that not all banks participate in 3D Secure, so you might not be asked to complete anything.
For more information on 3D Secure or PayFast, click here.
Can I return a product?
Yes. If you’re not satisfied with the product and wish to return it, let us know why and we will honour your request and process your refund, subject to the conditions described in our Cancellation, return and refunds policy.
We will take every reasonable step to ensure we don’t send you damaged products. Should you wish to return an item that is damaged, and we are confident that the item was not damaged due to your error; we will gladly replace the product, subject to the conditions described in our Cancellation, return and refunds policy.
I have a voucher from Shinga, how do I claim it?
If you hold a voucher code, you qualify for a discount/freebie on your online purchase. Depending on the voucher, the codes can be used for;
- Product specific discounts,
- Product category discounts,
- Overall shopping cart discounts, or,
- Cart freebies
Make sure that your voucher code can be used for the product(s) you have in your cart.
During checkout, a summary of your cart can be seen on the right-hand side of the page.
Look for the "Order Summary" and locate the 'Gift Certificate or Promo Code' input box. Insert your voucher code and click on 'Apply' to validate your code. If the voucher is valid, it will be loaded and you can continue the checkout process with the terms of your voucher now applied.
Can I add a product to a wishlist so that it can be purchased later?
Yes of course. Once you’ve identified the product you can add it to your wishlist by clicking on the “Add to wish list” button.
When you’re ready to purchase the items in your wish list, you can access your wish list by logging in or registering if you're a new user and clicking on the 'Wish List' link at the top.
Please ensure that the sizing and colour of the products are correct before completing your order.